Statement of Faith
Statement of Faith
Our Statement of Faith is not exhaustive of all of our beliefs. The Bible, as the inspired and infallible Word of God, speaks with absolute authority regarding the proper conduct of humanity and is the unchanging foundation for all belief and behavior. The Grace Academy Board of Directors holds final interpretive authority on biblical meaning and application with regard to faith, doctrine, policy, practice, and discipline.
- We believe the Scriptures of the Old and New Testament are the inspired, infallible and inerrant Word of God, the final authority for doctrine, reproof, correction and instruction in right living (2 Timothy 3:16-17; Peter 1:12).
- We believe in one God, existing eternally in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, each being a distinct person and with a distinct function, but all of one essence and all possessing the same nature, perfections and attributes (John 4:24; Romans 8:14-15; Deuteronomy 6:4-5; Genesis 1:31).
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, fully man and fully God, only begotten Son of the Father. He was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, and lived a sinless life. He suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, buried, and rose physically from the dead. He ascended to the right hand of the Father and will come again in power and glory (Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:8-25; Colossians 1:15; John 1:14; Philippians 2:6-9).
- We believe that mankind was created by a direct act of God in His image, not from a previously existing life, that all men sinned in Adam (the historical father of the entire human race) and thus incurred both physical and spiritual death; and that all men have inherited a sinful nature (Genesis 1:1-3; Ephesians 2:1; Romans 1 and 5; Romans 3:23).
- We believe that salvation of the lost and sinful man, regeneration by the Holy Spirit, is absolutely essential and that this salvation is received through faith in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord not as a result of good works (Ephesians 2:8-9; 2 Corinthians 5:17; Titus 3:5). We believe that God offers redemption and restoration to all who confess and forsake their sin, seeking His mercy and forgiveness through Jesus Christ (Acts 3:19-21; Romans 10:9-10; 1 Corinthians 6:9-11). We believe that every person must be afforded compassion, love, kindness, respect, and dignity (Mark 12:28-31; Luke 6:31). Hateful and harassing behavior or attitudes directed toward any individual are to be repudiated and are not in accord with Scripture.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit carries out this work in our lives, empowering us to grow in the loving union with our Heavenly Father and to walk in obedience to do His will. We believe that the Holy Spirit is a personal being who convicts the world of sin and who regenerates, indwells, empowers, guides, and bestows spiritual gifts on believers and who seals them eternally for God (John 6:37; John 16; Romans 8; Ephesians 1:13-14; 4:30).
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation (Revelation 20, 21; 1 Corinthians 15).
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ (Philippians 2).
- We believe that it is the responsibility and privilege of every Christian to proclaim the good news of Jesus Christ and to seek to make growing disciples (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8).
- We believe that all human life is sacred and created by God in His image. Human life is of inestimable worth in all its dimensions, including prenatal babies, the aged, the physically or mentally challenged, and every other stage or condition from conception through natural death. We are therefore called to defend, protect, and value all human life (Psalm 139).
- We believe that God wonderfully and immutably creates each person as male or female. These two distinct, complementary genders together reflect the image and nature of God (Genesis 1:26-27). Rejection of one’s biological sex is a rejection of the image of God within that person.
- We believe that the term “marriage” has only one meaning: the uniting of one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union, as delineated in Scripture (Genesis 2:18-25).
- We believe that God intends sexual intimacy to occur only between a man and a woman who are married to each other (1 Corinthians 6:18; 7:2-5; Hebrews 13:4).
- We believe that God has commanded that no intimate sexual activity be engaged in outside of a marriage between a man and a woman. We believe that any form of sexual immorality is sinful and offensive to God (Matthew 15:18-20; 1 Corinthians 6:9-10).
- We believe that in order to preserve the function and integrity of Grace Academy as a Christian ministry providing a Biblical role model, it is imperative that all Grace Academy students, their family, staff, faculty and volunteers agree and abide by this statement of faith (Matthew 5:16; Philippians 2:14-16; 1 Thessalonians 5:22).
Reverence of God’s Name: We believe reverence should be shown in all areas of instruction, proper respect, and consideration of God’s character to ensure that God’s name, character, and truth are honored and respected. References to the name or attributes of God must be consistent with biblical principles and should not be silly or trite.
Gender and Sexuality: We believe that God wonderfully and immutably creates each person as male or female. These two distinct, complementary genders together reflect the image and nature of God (Gen. 1:26-27). Rejection of one’s biological sex is a rejection of the image of God within that person.
Marriage: We believe the term “marriage” has only one meaning: the uniting of one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union, as delineated in Scripture (Gen. 2:18-25). We believe that marriage between one man and one woman, for life, uniquely reflects Christ’s relationship with His rescue mission (Eph. 5:21-33). We believe that God intends sexual intimacy to occur only between a man and a woman who are married to each other (1 Cor. 6:18; 7:2-5; Heb. 13:4). We believe that God has commanded that no intimate sexual activity be engaged in outside of a marriage between a man and a woman. We believe that any form of sexual immorality (including adultery, harassment, cohabitation, fornication, homosexual behavior, bisexual conduct, bestiality, incest, child abuse, or use of pornography) is sinful and offensive to God (Matt. 15:18-20; 1 Cor. 6:9-10).
Self-Identification, Homosexual, Bisexual, Transgender, and Other: We believe homosexual, bisexual, transgender, adultery, fornication, LGBTQ+, and other action, speech, and behavior outside of God’s design to be sin; therefore, declaring acceptance of, condoning the practice of, or stating support for such is not acceptable from Grace Academy students and staff.
Sanctity of Human Life: We believe that all human life is sacred and created by God in His image. Human life is of inestimable worth in all its dimensions, including pre-born babies, the aged, the physically or mentally challenged, and every other stage or condition from conception through natural death. We are therefore called to defend, protect, and value all human life. (Ps. 139.)
Essential Truth: We believe the foundational truths found in the Grace Academy Statement of Faith and the principles outlined in the Grace Academy Position Statements form the essential tenets of our school. These statements are sincerely-held positions of our School. Within these tenets, we seek to promote “unity in essentials,” beyond these tenets, “liberty in non-essentials," and “in all things charity” (Christian love toward others).