Grace Academy’s annual Spring Recitation will be held on Thursday, May 19, 2016, in the sanctuary of Boone United Methodist Church. The hour long program will...
1. Attend an Admissions Open House.
During the open house, you will learn more about classical education and the college model schedule, two important aspects of the education at GA that make it unique. School policies will be reviewed. You will have the opportunity to visit with teachers in classrooms and to look at curriculum.
2. Prayerfully consider GA as an option for your child(ren).
3. Submit a Completed Application Package.
Beginning March 1, enrollment is open for students in families new to GA who are interested in the Full Curriculum with or without Extended Learning. These students have priority over those interested in the Choice option through April 14.
Beginning April 15, enrollment is open for those students new to GA who are interested in the Choice option.
Kindergarten applicants must be 5 years old by August 31 of the enrollment year.
At the bottom of this page, download and thoroughly read the Family Handbook, Student Application, and Financial Agreement. Review the Class Schedule, Curriculum information and Tuition and Fees Schedule to determine in which classes you want your child(ren) to participate.
Your application package may be mailed to Grace Academy, P.O. Box 1212, Boone, NC 28607, or dropped off at the school office on Monday or Wednesday 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m., and should include the following completed and signed:
1. Student Application (per student),
2. Financial Agreement (per family),
3. Medical History and Emergency Information form (per student),
4. Photo and Directory Information Release (per family),
5. $100 non-refundable application fee per student, payable to Grace Academy ($200 if applying after May 31, $300 after June 30, and $400 after July 31),
6. copy of your child(ren)’s current immunization record(s),
7. if you have homeschooled,
a. a list of curriculum by subject and
b. a copy of prior end of year test results, and
8. you will also need to print, sign, and mail the following forms (from the links below) to be returned directly to GA: a. Pastor Recommendation Form, b. if your child has been enrolled in a preschool or a public or private school, either the Preschool Teacher Survey (for Kindergarten applicants) or Teacher Recommendation Form(for all other grades), and c. the Academic Records Release Form.
Your application package is considered complete when all of the above items are received by GA.
4. Complete Entrance Testing
Upon receipt of all required admission forms in the application package, parents will be contacted by the school to schedule testing for math placement. Kindergarten students are required to take a GA administered “Kindergarten Readiness” test during the required family interview or a pre-arranged time. Students in Grades 1 through 9 (seven years old and up) are required to submit report cards and a GA approved standardized test taken within the last year. In addition, students in Grades 1 through 9 will be given a math placement test to be administered by GA. If students do not have a current standardized test, GA can recommend an administrator.
5. Attend a Family Interview
The final step in the Admissions Process is an interview with a GA board member. You will be contacted by the school to schedule this interview. Both parents must accompany the applicant.
6. Receive an Acceptance Decision
After the Family Interview and review of the above items, you will be notified of the board’s decision regarding acceptance of your child.
7. Pay Non-refundable Enrollment Deposit
Parents must pay a non-refundable deposit of 10% of total annual tuition within seven (7) days of notification of acceptance.
Enrollment priority is assigned in the order in which completed applications are received. Your Enrollment Deposit holds your child’s place in this priority listing. In the event that an opening is not available for your child by August 1, GA will refund this fee in full upon request.
Please feel free to contact the school office at (828) 773-7830 Monday and Wednesday between 8:00 a.m and 4:00 p.m. or at firstname.lastname@example.org at any time for more information or further assistance. Thank you for your interest in Grace Academy.
Click on the forms below to download and print.
Preschool Teacher Recommendation
Immunization Exemption (If applicable)
Online enrollment forms
You can complete these forms online. However, please make sure that you download and print the Pastor Recommendation, Preschool Teacher or Teacher Recommendation, Academic Records Release Form, Immunization Exemption (if applicable) and Peanut Aware Policy.
Grace Academy admits students of any race, color, and national or ethnic origin.